Friday, June 27, 2008

Just as I predicted...

Since there really is no way to rush the Spanish government I had to resign myself to the wait and see approach. My attempt at an email request for more information went nowhere, all they told me was that some of the auxiliares had received information and that I would get a letter shortly and I should just wait for mine. So that is was I had planned to do. At this point I felt pretty much powerless in my quest for information and the best solution was to heed the advice from the embassy and wait. This lasted until this past Friday when I ended up having lunch with the friend of my sister who recommended the program to me.

While in Brooklyn, fueling up for our trip to IKEA, Jen received a phone call from her friend Molly, the girl who gave me the name and website for this Auxiliares program. Molly offered to give me all kinds of information, including the name of the guy on the Spanish side who coordinates the program and the name of a yahoo group that many people have used in the past to find housing. With this new source of information my helplessness soon subsided; I could restart my pestering of Spaniards!

Since Jen and Molly hadn't seen each other in a while the exchange of information between her and myself was kind of secondary. A few days later, I sent Molly an email requesting this information and waited for her response. Just as fate would have it, while I was waiting for Molly's response I received an email from the Autonomous Community telling me that they would shortly be sending me the documents I need to fill out my visa application. Now I can use the info from Molly to join the yahoo group and get the housing ball rolling.

As predicted, things will fall in to place and I will move to Spain!

2 comments:

  1. just as long as you have a couch or chair large enough for me to sleep on your housing will be fine. oh forget the furniture, i will take a small corner or closet, as long as i get to stay forever and every and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to have to agree with Heather on this one. if i can make it over from thailand, i will take whatever small amount of space i can get. just reading about everything you're going through, while the process is tormenting and frustrating i'm sure, makes me want to pack up my stuff in thailand and hop on a plane to spain. why did i decide to not go back to spain anyway?? hmmm...best of luck to you Liz!! you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete