Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I got all american about it...

So much for "no pasa nada"

Instead of waiting around for the Spanish Ministry of Education to send me information I sent them an email. Now I shall wait for a response, while I'm pretty sure that this response will go something to the effect of "oh, yeah... we're working on that..." it makes me feel better to have done something about it.

I kindly wrote to them asking when we could expect to get information necessary for filling out a visa application, or buying airfare. Personally, I am in no real rush to start this whole thing but I know the lack of action is killing my dear mother. Several times I have had to deal with the questions, and when I respond that we are talking about a country with organized nap-time she is none too impressed.

Yes, I would like to know more about my placement and when I will be in Spain, but I get the impression that trying to rush the Spanish government is a lot like herding cats, that is to say impossible. Things will get done when they get done, but it probably helps to have us obnoxious American kids asking for information. You know, just to let them know that about 1,300 of us will need to fill out visa applications and would love the answers to pesky questions like "fecha de llegada" (date of arrival)...

No comments:

Post a Comment