Monday, June 16, 2008

A Response from The Embassy

This is the response I received:

Me consta que las comunidades autónomas han empezado a enviar las cartas, y algunos auxiliares ya las han recibido. No pueden tardar mucho. Mientras tanto puedes repasar las instrucciones sobre la solicitud del visado en nuestra página web.

¡Gracias por tu paciencia!


For those of you who are not Spanish speakers, here is a translation:

I am absolutely certain that the Autonomous Communities have begun to send out the letters and some Auxiliares have received them. They won't be much later. In the meantime you can review the instructions for the visa application on our web page.

Thanks for your patience!


I find this rather annoying, as it does not help in the slightest. How am I supposed to fill out a visa application or buy a plane ticket if I don't know what date i need to be there by? Really Spain, we can't all be as laid back as you are.

Hopefully I will get a letter sometime soon. As I told a friend yesterday, we aren't at the critical hour or anything yet, but it is getting close. I remember last time I applied for a visa to Spain the 4-5 week processing turned in to more like 6-8 weeks and i received my passport back a day and a half before my flight took off. That is a kind of stress I'd like to avoid the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment