Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Organized Chaos

It seems that moving to Spain has turned into what I like to call organized chaos. Things are happening, some at a frantic pace others at a glacial pace. Some things are going really easily, while others couldn't be more difficult...

A friend who will also be in Madrid with the Auxiliares program has found an apartment through the mother of one of the program staff from our Fall '06 semester in Spain. She has also found a second apartment and offered myself and another friend the inside scoop on it. This place is in a good neighborhood, comes fully furnished down to towels and dishes and is a reasonable price. Looks like housing is falling into place.

I am still waiting on those documents from the autonomous community so that I can start the visa application. Even without the documents, I decided to go ahead and make an appointment with the Spanish Consulate in San Francisco about getting a visa. When i got to the website the first available appointment was August 18th. Lets think back to last time, and how my visa for my semester abroad arrived less than 36 hours before i took off for Spain, and that was after 6 or 7 weeks of processing time. I don't know if August 18th is enough time, but I guess it will have to be.

I also need to by airfare, as the prices just go up and up and up the closer I get to the September. I don't know what date I need to be in Spain by, that information is in these mysterious documents I'm told should be arriving soon... grrr.

I emailed the people who wrote to tell us that we would be getting documents soon to ask for things like dates and assignment info so that I could start planning. I'm still waiting on a reply. At this point, I don't hold my breath when it comes to communication from Spain...

No comments:

Post a Comment