Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Double Post Day!

I didn't want to post these pictures with my story, as the two are really unrelated. I took a couple of snapshots along my route to school.
The first is of Calle de Goya, heading towards the center of town. I leave my apartment a few minutes before 8am. It is still dark outside when I leave.






The next photo is of a metro train heading in the opposite direction. I couldn't stand on the platform long enough to take one of my train, but in this one you get to see the giant screen where Canal Metro is projected. Many metro stops have screens or TVs that play news of varying importance throughout the day. I take the metro from Goya to Moncloa, then a bus from Moncloa to school. In the mornings I am usually seconds away from missing the bus, so I clearly didn't have time to photograph it!

Next is a picture of the green academic fortress, Rosa Luxemburgo. I couldn't get a good shot of it, so most of what you see is the giant fence that surrounds the school. Behind the fence are four buildings. One for Infants, the next for 1st & 2nd grades, after that is my building which houses the 3rd & 4th grades, the cafeteria and the directors office. Last is the new building with the gym, the new computer lab and the 5th & 6th grades.

Here, I have a photo of my Coca Cola Light and some Patatas Bravas. Across the street from school is a small shopping center that includes two cafes. Ana Eimear and I usually walk around this area during the first hour of our lunch break, when the teachers have a meeting and we have free time. Today we stopped for a beverage and it came with potatoes.


On the way home I took a couple shots of Moncloa. The Moncloa area has many Franco-esque buildings, such as the Air Force building. I also took a photo of the metro entrance so you can see what the signs look like. It also includes that giant arch in the background, which to be perfectly honest, I don't know what it is...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting pictures. I thought I'd already commented on this blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That Metro is SO CLEAN!!! And your mornings look quite pretty as well! Looks like fun at the cafe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! it only looks clean because it is early on a weekday morning. By the afternoons it is covered in newspapers. On the weekends, forget about clean!

    ReplyDelete